Winter Season Skin Care Tips
We must always take care of our skin according to the climatic conditions around us. Winter is heading, and when winter comes our skin appears to be dry and lifeless due to the cold and lack of moisture. So skin needs extra care during the winter season. There are many skincare products available on the market to make skin beautiful. Many creams, body lotions, home remedies etc. are available to take care of our skin.
Usually, in winter we take care of our face but forget about neck, hands, elbows, hairs, feet, and legs. But, it is very important to take care of our body skin as well as, hands, legs, and the neck.
Let’s learn How to take care of our skin in winter at Home.
Home remedies for Skincare during winter
Moisturize your face regularly. To maintain the moisture content of the skin in winter, moisturize your face twice a day daily. It keeps the skin soft and eliminates dullness and dryness.
Wash your face thoroughly 2-3 times a day to protect the skin from acne, pimples, dirt in the winter.
Drink plenty of water. It is very important to stay hydrated in all seasons. Many times people do not drink water properly due to cold in winter. But in winter, to get beautiful skin, you should drink 7-8 glass of water as it helps to maintain the moisture level in our body.
Use Sunscreen. Put sunscreen on a daily basis whenever stepping out of the house even in winter also as it protects our skin from the harmful rays coming out of the sun.
Do regular massage on the neck. The cream that you use for the face can also be used to massage your neck.
Mix 1 tablespoon of milk cream with ½ teaspoon turmeric and lemon juice and apply it all over your face and the neck. This mixture acts as a natural moisturizer and a home remedy for dry skin.
It will make your skin glow and will help to maintain the even texture of your skin.
Skin of lips is very thin and sensitive so it becomes worse in winter due to lack of moisture. Not just in winter but always apply lip care balm on the lips whenever you feel your lips have dried out.
Use sugar lemon mixture to scrub lips. It will remove the dead cells of the lips.
Many people have the habit of licking their lips but do not do this because after you lick them, on drying they become drier.
The worst effect in winter is on the skin of the hands. We often forget to take care of our hands due to lack of time. But we need to take special care of our hands as due to direct exposure of hands, they tend to affect the most in winters.
Regular manicures of hands will relax your hand’s muscles and also keep your hands beautiful and soft.
Mix a spoonful of almond oil with one teaspoon of honey and massage it on hands before bath. Let it rest for 20-30 minutes then wash it with lukewarm soapy water. Do this regularly this will make your hands soft. You can also use glycerin and almond oil.
Regularly massage hands with glycerin and cucumber juice before going to bed to reduce wrinkles and dryness of hands.
Moisturize your hands daily. Once you have used moisturizer on your hands don’t forget to wear cotton gloves on your hands.
To eliminate dryness and darkness of the elbow, rub a lemon slice on your elbow. You can also apply the mixture of lemon juice and milk cream on your elbows for 30 minutes to remove elbow darkness and dead skin.
Legs and Foot
Regular Pedicure will make your legs more beautiful. Massage your legs with almond oil and glycerin before going to bed daily. Massaging not only keeps the elasticity of skin intact but also helps skin regain its natural moisture content.
If you have cracked heels, use oil massage remedy to cure cracked heels. Dip your feet in a mixture of water and lemon juice for 30 minutes. Then rub the legs with the pumice stone. The above procedure removes dead cells of the feet. Put petroleum jelly on torn edges then wear cotton socks. Always wear socks in winter.
Cold winds cause significant damage to the hair due to the change in temperature. Do not wash hairs more often in winter because it can increase dryness in your hair.
After washing the hair, put the towel in your hair. Do not use a blower or dryer to dry the hair in the cold. Massage the head and use natural oils for it.
Dos and Don’ts
- It important to take care of skin but it is equally important to take healthy diet as well as glowing and beautiful skin in winter.
- A healthy diet is equally essential for glowing skin in winter, so try to eat fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
Stay away from eating fast-fried fast-food chocolates and spicy food.
- Include liquids like green tea and fresh juices along with water in your daily routine to stay hydrated and healthy. Increase the amount of salad in your diet. Sound sleep along with good diet is also necessary for glowing skin.
- Put petroleum jelly on the torn skin and dried lips.
- Protect your skin from the direct cold winds. Before going to bed, massage with almond oil on your face.
- If you want to relax your skin in the winter, take bath with lukewarm water every day. The warmness of water helps in keeping the skin healthy and fresh.
- Use a moisturizing soap for bathing. This type of soap keeps the skin soft.
- Exfoliation is very necessary for winter. It is essential that you exfoliate dryness of your skin with body scrubs to remove the dead cells of the skin in the right way.
- Moisturize your skin daily. Pay more attention to the open areas of the skin. Take special care of hands, nails, and lips. You can also an apply cream on the nails so that they stay soft and healthy. Use lip balm to maintain the softness of the lips.
- Do not use deodorant in winter as deodorants are not right in Winter. In the cold, your body does not sweat excessively, so it is advisable to stop the use of deodorant in winter. Also deodorant has alcohol content in them so it is not good for the skin. Alcohol absorbs skin moisture and this causes the skin to become rigid and lifeless.
- In winter, the skin is naturally more sensitive and therefore do not use products that cause excessive damage to the skin.
- Be sure to use the conditioner for your hairs. The best way to take proper care of hair is to use a gentle shampoo and use lukewarm water to wash the hair. Be sure to check the water temperature. It should not be too hot or else it can cause great damage to the quality of the skin on the head.
- Oil your hairs regularly to avoid dryness of scalp. Oiling of hair daily is very important in winter. Like the rest of the body, your hair also needs the right care, and that’s why you should choose the right type of oil for you. Applying oil at the same time with massaging brings good blood circulation.
- Use the finest oil for your hairs and your skin the main ones are coconut oil, almond oil, castor oil, lavender oil and olive oil.
- It is very important that you cover your body in the cold. For this, you can use woolen caps, stoles or scarves. Hot clothes protect your skin and keep your hair in very good condition. Keeping your body covered in the right way makes your skin feel warm and comfortable. This enables blood circulation in your body properly, which is very important in cold weather.
I hope these tips will be helpful to you this winter. Do share your Winter Season Skin Care Tips in the comments section below. Happy Winter..!!