Heart Shaped Sugar Cookie Recipe: Valentine Sugar Cookies with Jam
If you have planned to give a special surprise to your beloved this Valentine’s Day, then I have an addition to your list. A perfect valentine day cookie recipe for you, Heart Shaped Sugar Cookie Recipe.
The best part of these Cookies is that they are simple and easy to make even for beginners and they are made with only four ingredients. Isn’t it great? I am sure your loved one will like them. You have a week remaining for Valentine’s day, so make sure that you give this Sugar Cookie Recipe a try and make the perfect one for your loved one.
Heart Shaped Sugar Cookie Recipe Ingredients
- Butter (room temp) – 100 gram
- Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
- All-purpose flour – 2 cup
- Mixed Fruit Jam – as required
Serving: 8-10 cookies
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Heart Shaped Sugar Cookie Recipe
- To begin with, take a bowl and add butter to it. Beat it with an electric beater till it gets light and fluffy.
- Now add powdered sugar to it and beat them together.
- The third step is to mix all purpose flour to this sugar-butter mixture.
- Now beat everything all together until you get a crumb texture. Be careful that over mixing can make your cookies tough.
- Take this mixture out from the bowl on a wooden board and knead it with your hands to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into equal balls and roll it on a wooden surface that has been sprinkled with a little flour.
- The thickness of the roll should not be more than a half centimeter because, in the end, you are placing two cookies one over the other.
- Now take a heart shaped cookie cutter and start cutting cookies out from the roll and place it on a baking tray which is already greased and sprinkled with flour.
- After you cut all the cookies bake them at 160-degree Celsius for 20 minutes till lightly golden.
- Let cool your cookies meanwhile, take mixed fruit jam in a small bowl and mash it.
- Put mashed jam on one end of the cookie and cover it with another cookie. Likewise, fill all the cookies with jam in between. You can also use Nutella or simple vanilla buttercream.
- In the end, place all the cookies on a serving plate and sprinkle icing sugar on them and serve them in a plate decorated with red rose petals. You can also use ready-made colorful sprinklers available in the market.
- Heart Shaped Valentine Sugar Cookies are ready.