Gujarati Laapsi Recipe
Laapsi is cooked in our houses on all Auspicious occasions and festivals. It is considered as a sign of good luck. Here goes the Recipe.
Ingredients Required for Gujarati Laapsi Recipe
- 1 cup broken wheat (dalia)
- ½ cup desi ghee
- 1 cup jaggery
- ¼ tsp cardamom nutmeg powder
- Dry fruits to garnish.
- Wash and soak the broken wheat in water for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the broken wheat in a vessel along with crushed jaggery and 1 ½ cups water( which can easily slide into a pressure cooker) pressure cook it for 2 whistles on high and 5-7 minutes over slow flame.
- Once the steam is released remove the vessel, lightly mash the mixture with a spoon.
- If the mixture is too dry add a little water.
- In a pan heat, ghee adds nutmeg, cardamom powder and toss in the wheat mixture.
- Stir for a couple of minutes.
- Garnish with dry fruits.
- Laapsi is ready.
- Serve it hot.