Navratri Special Recipe – Farali Sabudana Vada
28th September 2017, is the eight day of Navratri Festival. It is celebrated as Maha Ashtami or Durga Ashtami. Those who can’t-do fasting for entire nine days of Navratri, observe fast on this particular day of Maha Ashtami.
Today I’m sharing one of my favorite farali recipe ( which can be eaten in fasts ) which is very easy. It is called Farali Sabudana Vada.
Ingredients Required ( for 7-8 nos ) are :
- 2 cups boiled and mashed potatoes
- ½ cup sabudana (sago in English) 7-8 hours soaked and dried
- 2 tablespoons of Singhara flour (Water chestnut flour)
- two teaspoons of chopped peanuts
- 2 finely chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoons of Rock salt (sendha namak )
- one teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons of coriander leaves
Method of Preparation :
Take mashed potatoes in a bowl.
Add sabudana (sago), chopped peanuts, singhara flour, rock salt, chopped green chilies, sesame seeds, cumin seeds and coriander leaves to it and mix it well.
Take a small portion of this mixture and make small balls of it with the help of your hands as shown in the image below.
Deep fry them in a pan until they are golden brown.
Farali sabudana vada is ready to serve.
Serve it hot with sweet curd.