Mexican Fried Rice and Beans Salad Recipe
Mexican Fried Rice and Beans Salad Recipe: Mexican fried rice is a rice recipe served as a main course or a side dish. It’s prepared with cooked rice, bell peppers, veggies, dried spices, tomato, and chili sauce. Some also use eggs in it. Mexican fried rice is spicy in taste. Bean salad is a Mexican healthy salad recipe made with beans, corn, lettuce, bell peppers, tomatoes, carrots, and cucumber. Added with the flavors of dried herbs, lime juice, sugar, and cumin. This salad can be served with any other Mexican dishes as a side dish. Today I’m sharing vegetarian and Indian style, Mexican fried rice, and beans salad recipe. Both Mexican fried rice and Beans salad are easy to cook and perfect to make for any celebration or a party.
Mexican Fried Rice Recipe
- 3 cups of cooked Basmati rice
- 1/2 cup of green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 chopped green capsicum
- 2 chopped red Capsicums
- 10 cloves of minced Garlic
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon of red chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon of red chili powder
- The salt according to your taste
- 1 teaspoon of mixed dried herbs
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Take a round bottom non-stick pan and put it on a medium flame. Add butter and let it melt. Once butter melts, add chopped onion to the pan and saute it. Now add minced garlic cloves to it and cook it with onions for 2 minutes.
- Add green capsicum, red capsicums, and tomatoes to the pan and cook them on the medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the flame to low and add red chili sauce, tomato ketchup, and lemon juice, stir well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Next, add dried herbs. Dry herbs are available in the market. You can also make them at home by sun-drying equal parts of mint, basil, kasuri methi, thyme, and parsley. Add red chili powder and salt and mix them well.
- Now, add cooked basmati rice to the pan and mix it well with all the spices. Close the lid of the pan and let it cook for 4 minutes on a low flame.
- Spicy Mexican fried rice is ready. Serve it with beans salad or any Mexican salad for lunch or dinner.
Vegetarian Mexican Beans Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup of chopped avocado
- 2 cups of green beans
- 1/2 cup of chopped lettuce leaves
- 2 small size chopped carrots
- 4 chopped baby tomatoes
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 8-10 sauteed garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- In a glass bowl, add green beans, carrots, avocado, lettuce, bell pepper, tomatoes, sauteed garlic cloves and mix them well.
- In another small bowl prepare the dressing of the salad. Add olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt, red chili powder, dried herbs, cumin powder, and black pepper powder.
- Pour this olive oil salad dressing over the veggies and mix well.
- Refrigerate it and serve it cold. You can keep this salad fresh in closed storage for 24 hours in a refrigerator.