15 Natural Remedies For Pigmentation On Face
Everyone in today’s time has to face the problem of skin pigmentation at least once. Well, pigmentation has become a common problem among women, while it also occurs in men but not such often. Its mainly seen on the face due to which the skin tone appears uneven and you notice patches on your face. Any scar on the skin is a problem because it looks bad and destroys your beauty. Here are the top 15 natural remedies for pigmentation on a face to help you treat the skin pigmentation if you’re the one who is struggling with it, but before that know what is skin pigmentation, what are its types, and what causes pigmentation on the skin?
Everyone’s Desire Is A Flawless Beautiful Skin
Having beautiful flawless skin is a desire of every woman. A small scar on the face is enough to reduce your self-confidence. When you have a beautiful face with a unique personality, you feel more confident and also at the top of the world. There is no overnight solution to any skin disorder. It takes precise and regular care with a healthy lifestyle to achieve healthy skin. Also, your diet holds equal importance because what you eat directly reflects your health and beauty.
Apart from acne and pimples, pigmentation is a major skin problem that damages your face. Not only women but even men are also troubled by the problem of skin pigmentation. Let’s know what is Skin pigmentation, its causes, and how you can treat this problem with some easy natural remedies.
What Is Skin Pigmentation?
Skin pigmentation is a skin ailment that results in light or dark patches on the skin. Pigmentation could even seem like uneven ugly patches on the skin. There may be several possible causes of skin pigmentation, it can be genetic, hormonal, or caused due to harmful sun rays.
What Causes Pigmentation on Face?
Melanin is responsible for our skin color. It also manages the color of hair and eyes and also protects our skin from skin cancer caused due to sun damage. Melanin is more in dark skin and less in white skin. People with white skin are 70% more vulnerable to sun-induced cancer than people with dark skin tone. Melanin works as a barrier or filter on the epidermis of the skin. It further prevents the penetration of harmful ultraviolet radiation emitted by the sun in the skin.
Types Of Skin Pigmentation
Hyperpigmentation is the uncontrolled formation of dark patches noticed mainly on the face, neck, or hands. It’s caused due to the excess melanin produced in the skin.
Hypopigmentation occurs due to a lack of Melian production within the skin.
15. Natural Remedies For Pigmentation On Face
How To Use Tomato to cure Skin Pigmentation
- Take half tomato and de-skin it and remove its pulp into a bowl. Mix a half teaspoon of yogurt to this tomato pulp and prepare a paste to apply on your pigmented skin. Keep this paste on your skin until it dries up. Wash your face with lukewarm water when the paste completely dries up.
- If you want to completely get rid of the skin pigmentation then use this remedy daily for better results. Do this daily routine until you notice a desirable change on your face.
- Tomatoes are a rich source of alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, lycopene, and lutein. The lycopene content in tomatoes acts as a powerful antioxidant. It also can remove any skin problem including skin pigmentation.
- Tomatoes have soothing and astringent properties. They not only help you fight skin pigmentation but also help you get bright acne-free skin. Tomatoes are acidic and are also rich in Vitamin A and C, which are necessary for healthy and glowy skin.
- Moreover, Yogurt contains lactic acid them which naturally heals and hydrates your skin.
How To Use
- Add lemon juice to one teaspoon of turmeric powder to prepare a paste to apply to your pigmented skin. Apply this paste on your face and keep it until dry.
- Afterward, wash your face with warm water and then with cold water. Also, wash your face with a mild antiseptic herbal face wash to remove yellow stains from your face. It would be better to apply this pack before going to bed.
- Turmeric helps you get rid of stubborn scars on your face. It lightens acne scars and clears skin breakouts. It has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe your skin and also reduce large pores.
- Turmeric lemon juice is one of the effective natural remedies for pigmentation on the face. It works great for skin pigmentation, acne, dry skin, eczema, dark circles, and wrinkles.
- This paste will lighten your skin tone, fade blemishes, and treat acne and pimples.
How To Use
- Potato is one of the effective natural remedies for Pigmentation on the face that works. Grate a half potato and extract its juice and mix it with half a teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this Potato and Lemon mixture on your face and wash it off with plain water once it dries up.
- Alternatively, you can also rub a potato slice on your pigmented skin.
- Use any of these natural remedies daily to see its effect in a few days. Using this mixture regularly will lighten the skin pigmentation and dark spots on your face.
- The potato or potato juice is really helpful to maintain healthy skin. It is a natural skin whitening agent that treats blemishes and dark spots and fades acne scars.
- Potatoes contain plenty of starch, carbohydrates, and a skin-bleaching enzyme called catecholase. They help in fixing skin problems like Melasma, Hyperpigmentation, and Hypopigmentation.
- Potato and lemon mixture is also very effective in improving the skin tone. It brings back the lost glow of your skin, making your skin more radiant.
How To Use
- Lemon has been known for its ani-microbe properties and one of the best natural remedies for Pigmentation on the face. Mix one teaspoon of honey in one teaspoon of lemon juice. Prepare a mixture and then apply it to your skin. After fifteen to twenty minutes wash it with cold water.
- Remember that it does not go under the sun after applying lemon to your face. So it’s better to use any lemon remedy before going to bed. Use this remedy daily to see noticeable effects on your face.
- Lemon is not only good for health, but it also has many beauty benefits. It eliminates microbial activity and treats the bacterial and fungal infections on the skin. Lemon also has high astringent and antioxidant properties. It is an effective natural remedy for many skin disorders.
- Honey is a natural moisturizer while lemon has natural bleaching in it.
- Lemon and honey mixture is very beneficial to treat skin pigmentation and blemishes from the face.
How To Use
- Grate a small cucumber and extract its juice. Mix one teaspoon of lemon juice to the cucumber juice. Apply this mixture to the affected areas of your face and leave it for twenty minutes and then wash your face with plain water.
- Use this remedy daily to see good results. After using this remedy you will notice refreshing effects and glow on your face.
- Cucumbers are not only rich in water but are also rich in vitamin C and caffeic acid. It soothes any kind of skin inflammation and reduces swelling.
- Both cucumbers and lemon are very effective to fight in the problem of pigmentation. This mixer also protects your skin from scorching sunlight and pollution.
- Cucumber and lemon mixture also helps in maintaining your skin complexion. Additionally, It treats blemishes and acne.
6. Aloe Vera
How To Use
- To use this remedy, you have to cut one aloe vera leaf and remove its gel. Add one vitamin E capsule to it and apply this mixture to your face and let it stay for 30 minutes.
- You can use this remedy every night or before taking a shower regularly to see desirable results within a few months.
- Aloe vera gel is also one of the best natural remedies for pigmentation on the face. It contains Auxin and Gibberellin hormones that contain natural soothing and healing properties. Aloe vera also maintains the natural moisture content of your skin.
- Aloe vera has excellent skin repairing and nourishing properties while Vitamin E serves as the best antioxidant for your skin. This mixture will not only remove hyperpigmentation and suntan but will fight the dryness of your skin. It will moisturize your skin and also repair the damaged skin cells.
7. Orange Peel Powder
How To Use
- Dry orange peel under the sun for a few days. Add one tablespoon of raw milk in one tablespoon of orange peel powder. Make a paste and apply this paste on your face in an upward circular motion.
- Leave it until dry and then wash with plain water. Repeat this remedy daily to see good results within a few weeks.
- Orange peel powder is a blessing for the skin, which removes blackheads and dead skin cells. It has natural skin-lightening properties that fade pigmentation, dark spots, acne scars, and blemishes. It also improves your skin tone.
- Orange peels have citric acid in them which has natural bleaching properties. While raw milk contains lactic acid.
- This orange peel face mask will reduce skin pigmentation, keep your skin hydrated, treat acne, and will also relieve you from sunburn.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
How To Use
- ACV is acidic so it’s advisable to mix it with an equal amount of water before using it on the face. To use this remedy, you just need to mix apple vinegar and its equal amount of water. Then apply it to your patchy pigmented skin with the help of a cotton ball and let it stay for 5 minutes.
- Wash it from your face with lukewarm water. Repeat this daily for at least a few weeks to see the noticeable change in skin pigmentation.
- Apple cider vinegar has astringent and skin-lightening properties that treat dark patches and hyperpigmentation on your skin. It also helps in maintaining your natural skin tone.
- The acetic acid present in the apple cider vinegar works as an exfoliate that removes the dead skin cells and also promotes the formation of the new skin cells.
- It is also good skin toner, and you will also get rid of oily skin after using it.
9. Sandalwood Powder
How To Use
- Mix two tablespoons of raw milk to one tablespoon of sandalwood powder to make a thick paste. Apply this face pack on your face and neck and keep it for thirty minutes.
- Then wash it with warm water. You can use this remedy once or twice daily to see great results.
- Sandalwood is very effective in removing dark spots, age spots, and reduces pigmentation. It keeps your skin refreshed and cool.
- Moreover, It treats rashes, acne, and blemishes also give you an even skin tone and improves your skin complexion.
10. Fuller’s Earth/Multani Clay
How To Use
- Mix one 2 tablespoons of fuller’s earth or Multani clay with a pinch of turmeric and 1 tablespoon of rose water. Make a thick and apply this paste on your face.
- Wash it after it dries up. Use this remedy daily to see the desired results in a few weeks.
- Multani clay or fullers earth is a common ingredient used in making various face packs. It also helps get rid of hyperpigmentation and also controls acne and pimples.
- It’s a boon for oily skin as it controls excess oil secretion. Additionally, Fuller’s Earth also treats skin problems like wrinkles and suntan.
How To Use
- Apply grated riped papaya pulp to the affected pigmented areas of your face.
- Leave it until dry and then wash your face with plain water. Repeat this daily to see good results in a few months.
- Papaya is also a great natural remedy for pigmentation. Papaya contains the Papain enzyme and vitamin A that exfoliates your skin cells and nourishes your skin.
- It promotes new skin cell formation and rejuvenates your skin. Moreover, it hydrates your skin and keeps it glowing.
How To Use
- Soak some almonds in milk overnight and make a paste of it the next morning. Apply this almond paste to your face and leave it till dry. Wash it afterward.
- Alternatively, you can also daily massage with almond oil on the pigmented skin before going to bed. You can use any of these natural remedy daily.
How To Use
- Almonds contain Vitamin E and fatty acids that nourish your skin.
- Additionally, it treats discoloration and uneven skin tone. It also prevents premature aging of the skin and also fades scars caused by pimples and acne.
13. Red Onion
How To Use
- For this, you just have to grate the red onion pieces and extract the juice from them. Apply it on the affected areas of your skin and leave it for ten minutes.
- Then after about 10 minutes wash it from your face. Repeat this daily.
- Red onions have many miraculous anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties that benefit to skin and hair.
- It contains Vitamin C that helps you get rid of the dark spots, hyperpigmentation, pimples, and blemishes.
- It also repairs the sun-damaged skin.
How To Use
- Avocado mash can be applied directly to the affected areas of your skin.
- However, some people are allergic to it, so don’t forget to do the patch test before applying it to the skin.
- Avocados have vitamin C, oleic acid, and fatty acids in them. Avocado heals and reduces the hyperpigmentation and age spots.
- Moreover, Vitamin E and the enzymes present in avocado also reduces the appearance of skin pigmentation.
15. Castor oil
How To Use
- Slightly warm the castor oil and massage it gently on your face.
- Massage with castor oil daily before going to bed to get pigmentation-free skin.
- This oil is the least preference of many people for its viscosity, but it has many benefits. Castor oil contains fatty acids that heal and maintains the moisture in your skin. It cures and prevents pigmentation. Avoid using castor oil if you have acne and pimples prone skin and oily skin because castor oil can make your skin sticky causing accumulation of dirt on its surface and can be resulting in pimples.
Do’s and Don’ts To Keep In Mind To Deal With Pigmentation On Face
- If you use any of the above-mentioned natural remedies for Pigmentation on the face, then use it regularly because natural remedies won’t give you instant results but they give long-lasting results without any side effects.
- Avoid chemical peels or bleaching because it is the main reason for pigmentation. You can use natural bleach like lemon juice and tomato juice.
- Do not use pigmentation removal cream and lotions before consulting a dermatologist.
- If you have skin pigmentation scrub your face once in 4-5 days to help lighten pigmentation spots on your face.
- Always apply sunscreen 30 minutes before going under the sun. Apply sunscreen in winter also before stepping out. Pigmentation and age spots are also caused due to the harmful radiation of the Sun.
- Due to dehydration, your face can appear dull and lifeless. So drink at least 8 glasses of water every day to stay hydrated. It maintains the moisture content and the elasticity of your skin making it healthy and will keep pigmentation away.