Facts About The Feng Shui Lucky Bamboo Plant
Feng Shui is the Chinese art of placing certain objects that help maintain the positive energy inside our house and workplaces. This Plant regarded as a lucky plant is one of them. The Lucky Bamboo Plant attracts good luck, health, happiness, love, prosperity, longevity, and wealth.
What is the Lucky Bamboo Plant?
The bamboo plant is considered the most fortunate plant according to the Chinese feng shui. The other names of Lucky Bamboo Plant are Ribbon Dracaena, Ribbon Plant, or Dracaena sanderiana. It has a high, and thin stem or stalk plant, with a cluster of irregular white and green leaves on them. When grown outdoors it can reach 6 t0 8 feet in height. While indoors, they are seen 12 to 15 inches in height.
The Bamboo Plant is part of the eastern practice called Feng Shui. It is one of the important elements of feng shui. It is well-known to bring good luck. Bamboo Plant is very easy to grow indoors and outdoors. It also enhances your home decor. In Indian culture also, Feng Shui Bamboo has been a symbol of good fortune and prosperity for ages. It is also best for gifting. According to feng shui, gifting this plant has the same positive effect that of planting one.
Where to place The Lucky Bamboo Plant?
Lucky Bamboo enhances the beauty of the house or the office. It also gives a special look to your living room. Today in every house, you will find Bamboo Plant placed either in a water bowl or planted in the soil.
Bambo is an amazing thing in itself that brings very peaceful and positive energy to our surroundings. We can get the full benefit of this Feng Shui Bamboo only when taken the right care and placed in the right place. According to feng shui, it is very important to place the lucky bamboo in the right place. The wrong placement of lucky Bamboo has also some disadvantages.
To get the best results, keep the Feng Shui Bamboo in the east direction of your house or the south-east corner of your house. When placed in East, Lucky Bamboo brings good health to the family. As per Vastu and Feng Shui, East and South-East corner of your house brings positivity & blissfulness.
For wealth and prosperity, feng shui bamboo should be placed in the wealth area of your house. It can also be placed in a bowl of water with a red ribbon tied to its stalks if you can’t plant it in a pot.
How to Use The Lucky Bamboo Plant?
Feng shui elements water, earth, fire, metal, and wood are the foundation of the universe. Bamboo when placed with all five elements of feng shui, becomes very lucky. It’s believed that the number of bamboo stalk also affects your good fortune. The number of bamboo stalks for feng shui cure has different meanings and significance. The different number of bamboo stalks represents different things of life.
Let’s know the significance of the number of bamboo stalks.
- 1 bamboo stalk is used to bring good fortune in life.
- The use of 2 stalks bamboo is the symbol of love and marriage and relationships.
- 3 bamboo stalks bring together all the three most important things in life i.e – happiness, prosperity, and long life.
- 4 stalks of the bamboo plant are believed to bring stability and strength to life.
- 5 bamboo stalks are the symbol of wealth.
- Use 6 stalks of bamboo to bring prosperity and all favorable conditions in life.
- 7 stalks of bamboo bring good health.
- Use of 8 stalks of bamboo help in the growth and development of life.
- 9 stalks of bamboo are used to bring good luck in life.
- 10 stalks of bamboo bring completeness and prosperity to life.
- Use 21 stalks of bamboo to bring all sorts of blessings in life.
Growing and taking care of Lucky Bamboo Plant
- Bamboo can be grown in the soil inside a pot. Dig the soil before growing it. Plant the bamboo plant in the half dig soil and then cover it with the remaining soil. Sprinkle some water on the bamboo plant and the soil around. Put some stone around the bamboo plant so the soil does not get wash away while watering.
- Bamboo is a non-toxic plant for pets. But, keep your lucky bamboo away from the reach of your pets or your pets may destroy it.
- If you’re placing the Bamboo Plant in the water, keep changing the water timely. Freshwater will keep your lucky bamboo fresh and green.
- Very little sunlight is enough for the small size bamboo plant. So there won’t be an issue if you place them on your dining table or the living area. But if your plant if one foot tall they need sunlight to survive. So you can best place them near a window where they can get enough sunlight.
- Add natural Fertilizers to the bamboo to stop weeds and bacterial growth.
- Save your plant from the direct sunlight.
- When needed cut the dry leaves and stalks with a knife.
- Water your plant regularly.
The light, flexible, and hollow structure of bamboo with its firm roots underground, teaches us that, the only key to happiness in life depends on how we are from the inside. That is the way of long-lasting positivity in life. The upright standing bamboo plant also teaches us to never be afraid of any difficulties coming in our life. If you know some other facts, uses or advantages associated with The Lucky Bamboo Plant, then do let us know in the comments down below.