11 Effective Cracked Heels Home Remedies
What causes cracked heels? The main causes of cracked feet and heels are a lack of moisture in the skin. It can also be due to exposure to pollution, aging, diabetes, excessive standing, being overweight, long periods of working in water, dry and cold weather. Some medical conditions like dermatitis, diabetes, and thyroid may also lead to dry and broken feet. Cracked heels cause roughness, itchiness, and flaky patches on the feet. Sometimes there is bleeding also from the cracks. Below are some basic cracked heels home remedies and cures that will give a makeover to your split heels.
11. Natural and Effective Cracked Heels home remedies
1. Lemon Juice Remedy
Lemon juice is not just used for skin brightening but it also repairs your cracked heels. The acidic nature of lemon juice may also assist to shed dead skin cells of your heels. It also relaxes the skin and exfoliates the dead skin cells.
- Cut a lemon into two parts and take one part of it. Rub this lemon half on your feet while pressing it so that the juice can pass into your heels.
- Do this for 5-6 minutes. Then wash it off with water. You can also add it to a tub of warm water and place your feet in it for around 15-20 minutes.
- You can do this twice every week.
2. Honey Remedy
Honey is a natural antiseptic that cleans and cures your cracked feet. It also has extraordinary saturating and antibacterial properties. Organic honey provides natural moisture to your foot skin and prevents dry and flaky skin, which causes dryness and cracked heels.
- Add 5 tablespoons, organic honey, to a tub of warm water. Put your feet in it for around 15-20 minutes.
- Scrub it very cautiously to acquire gentle feet.
- Repeat this 1-2 times each week.
3. Milk Remedy
Milk is rich in Vitamin A and different supplements to give you sparkling solid skin. It clears off dead skin cells and helps develop new cells. Milk is one of the best natural moisturizers that work wonders for the skin. The lactic acid present in milk contains healing properties that hydrate dry uneven skin.
- Take some Milk, 4 tbsp of sugar or salt in warm water.
- Keep your feet in this foot tub for 8-10 minutes.
- Then wash it off and pat dry your feet.
- This works better when done before going to bed.
4. Turmeric Remedy
This is an exceptionally viable Ayurvedic solution for broken feet. Turmeric has antibacterial and calming properties.
The healing properties of turmeric help soften cracked heels and relieve the inflammation feet and heal cracked heels.
- Take 3 tbsp Turmeric powder and few drops of Coconut oil. Blend turmeric powder with coconut oil to make a thick paste.
- Apply this to your broken heels.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes. Then wash it off with warm water and a gentle cleanser.
5. Oil Massage Remedy
Oils are the best normal lotions, for your dry feet as well as for your skin. Oil Massage is one of the most popular and effective home remedies amongst the list of cracked heels home remedies. Massaging with oil not soothes inflammation and pain in heels, but also eases pain relax foot muscles.
- Take any of the castor oil, almond oil, or olive oil, or coconut oil and warm water.
- Wash your feet with warm water before going to bed and rub your heels with any of the mentioned oils or an oil blend of all three oils and then wear socks.
- Repeat this treatment until your broken heels are cured.
6. Coconut Oil Remedy
The natural anti-fungal and moisturizing properties of coconut oil hydrates your legs, feet, and heels and also prevent foot fungal diseases. You can try this remedy before going to bed.
- Take 2 tablespoon coconut oil and it slowly on your feet. Wear socks and wash this off in the morning.
- Repeat this for a couple of days till you get delicate feet.
7. Baking Soda Remedy
Baking soda sheds dead skin from the feet and treats inflamed feet. Take 3 tablespoons of baking soda, a tub of warm water, and a Pumice stone.
- Fill 2/3rd of the foot tub with warm water and add baking soda to it mix it well.
- Put your feet to this for 10 to 15 minutes. Later scrub your feet gently with a pumice stone.
- Then wash with clean water. Do this twice per week.
8. Aloe Vera Gel Remedy
The natural nourishing and healing properties of aloe vera gel soothes dry and heal cracked feet. Take a tub of lukewarm water. Put your feet in it for a few minutes.
- Pat dry your feet and apply Aloe Vera gel on your feet.
- Wear socks and leave the gel on your feet overnight.
- Repeat this consistently for four to five days to see results.
9. Banana Remedy
The hydrating properties of the banana pack or banana peel heal dry and cracked heels and provide you soft feet. Banana peel has amino acids and vitamins A, B, C, and E that soothes dry skin and provide moisture to the skin.
- Mash bananas and apply this pack to your feet and leave it for around 15 to 20 minutes. Then wash it off.
- You can try this remedy until you get the desired results.
10. Pumice Stone
Pumice stone when rubbed on the skin, scrapes your foot, and expel dry and dead skin.
- In a tub filled with warm water, dip your feet for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Clean your feet gently scrubbing with the pumice stone to expel the dead skin. Wash with water and pat dry.
- Do this once in two days.
11. Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E preserves a natural protein named collagen, present in our skin, that is responsible for the drying and aging process of the skin. The healing properties of vitamin E, soothe injuries and hydrate your cracked skin.
- Take 3-4 Vitamin E capsules. Open it and remove oil from it. Apply this oil to the cracks and slowly rub it in for a moment. Repeat 2-3 times a day.
These were eleven cracked heels home remedies to try at home. Spending five minutes daily can help you get rid of the cracked heel and can also provide you smooth, and infection-free heels.
You May Also Like