Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits and Side Effects
Let us see apple cider vinegar benefits and know how it can make our life healthy. Apple cider vinegar or ACV is in incredible demand for its endless properties and advantages. It helps in different ailments like obesity, heart & skin disorders, cholesterol, diabetes, arthritis, diarrhea, liver detox, blood sugar levels.
Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits and Side Effects
An apple a day keeps the doctor away is a well known English phrase we all know. We know how beneficial apple is for our health.
ACV contains many body essentials like calcium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium. It contains vitamins A, C, and E, acetic acid, anti-oxidant, enzyme, and amino acids. It is a very powerful bacteria-battling factor.
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is a vinegar produced by crushing apples and taking out its juice. Sugar and yeast are also added to the fermentation process. The vinegar which remains after the fermentation is apple vinegar. In its organic and pasteurized form, it’s called Apple Cider Vinegar.
Today, different types of apple cider vinegar are available in the market. It has a strong acidic taste and brown color. Raw, organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar contains enzymes and bacteria. These enzymes and bacteria are beneficial to health. It’s used as a home remedy for ages for various diseases.
Researchers claim it has various health benefits. But, its long-term effects can prove fatal also. Read below to know more about apple cider vinegar benefits and side effects.
Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits For Health
1. ACV maintains the PH level
Apple vinegar helps in maintaining the PH level of your body. This is the first requirement for a healthy body. PH balance is important for our bodies to function well. It maintains the balance between the level of acidity and alkalinity of your body. Many enzymes accelerate chemical reactions taking place in our bodies at a certain pH only.
Researchers show that high acid levels are the cause of energy loss and infection. Raw organic ACV is acidic, but when consumed it turns alkaline. Processed food, sugar, alcohol, carbohydrates, sugar causes high acid levels in the body.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of organic raw unfiltered ACV with warm water and honey daily.
- It will help you maintain the PH level of your system.
2. ACV Controls Blood Sugar
Studies conducted suggest that taking a small proportion of ACV controls blood sugar. Especially those who are at risk of type 2 diabetes. ACV stabilizes the level of blood sugar. ACV is very good for diabetic patients.
- According to researchers, it’s found that taking two teaspoons of ACV in the water. before bedtime reduces the level of blood glucose on an average of 4 to 6 percent compared to the morning.
- Drinking a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar after a meal reduces blood sugar. It promotes digestion by the absorption of starch and carbohydrate.
3. To reduce blood pressure
According to scientific pieces of evidence, ACV can help in lowering your blood pressure. It restrains the renin enzyme that raises blood pressure. This, in turn, reduces the risk of heart problems. ACV is rich in potassium, which helps to balance the sodium level in the body. It optimizes blood pressure. It also contains magnesium, which enables the blood vessels to relax.
- Taking 1-3 teaspoons of ACV daily with water can help lower your BP notably in a week.
4. Lowers the risk of Heart disease
According to studies, ACV not only reduces blood pressure but also reduces the risk of heart disease. Drinking ACV can help to increase HDL or good cholesterol. and lowers triglycerides. ACV contains antioxidant chlorogenic acid, that restrains LDL cholesterol particles from oxidizing. ACV protects the body from cardiovascular disease, heart blockage, and heart attack.
- Take 1-2 teaspoons of ACV with a glass full of water half an hour before bed.
5. ACV helps you detox and boost your immunity
In balancing the pH of the body, ACV also helps to remove the toxic substances from your body. It detoxes your body and improves blood circulation. ACV removes toxic substances from the cells and strengthens the immune system. Detoxification is also important for the liver and kidney to function well. Apple vinegar helps detoxify the liver. It also improves the natural blood filtration process. ACV helps in removing the mucus from the body and cleansing the lymph nodes. It also improves lymph circulation.
- Taking 1-2 teaspoons of ACV with one glass of water is an effective detox remedy.
6. Help in Digestive disorders
ACV is very effective when it comes to any type of digestive disorder. Apple cider vinegar also fights against intestinal constipation and infection. ACV maintains healthy digestion. It stimulates digestive juices that aid digestion after the meal. It also cures gas, bloating, indigestion.
- Taking a teaspoon of ACV with a glass of water half an hour before a meal. It will help you get relief from stomach disorders and improve digestion.
7. Help in Weightloss
Adding ACV to your diet helps you to lose bodyweight. It reduces the body fat percentage of your body. It diminishes fat around the stomach and lowers triglycerides in your blood.
- Take 2 teaspoons of ACV in 2 cups of water before half an hour of a meal to speed up the weight loss.
8. Apple Cider Benefits in Joint Pain and Inflammation
Apple Cider Vinegar helps in joint pain, cramps, and inflammation. It also relieves arthritis swelling, stiffness muscle weakness. The potassium content of ACV prevents calcium accumulation between bones. Calcium builds up in joints is the prime cause of joint stiffness. So, it promotes the absorption of calcium to strengthen your bones.
- Drink diluted ACV to reduce inflammation all over your body.
- To help reduce joint stiffness have an ACV water bath.
9. Apple cider vinegar eliminates Bad Cholesterol
- Take 1–2 teaspoons of ACV with water daily or use it as salad vinaigrette dressing.
Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits For Skin
1. Eliminates Acne, Scars, and Dead skin cells and improves your skin tone
Apple cider vinegar kills bacteria causing various skin problems. It clears acne and fades all the facial scars. ACV removes excess oil and dirt from your skin. It also removes makeup and eliminates dead skin cells. It removes skin impurities and toxins from your skin. ACV also lightens your skin tone.
- Apply diluted apple cider vinegar on the affected skin areas of your skin. Or, mix one teaspoon ACV with one teaspoon honey and apply it on the affected skin.
- Let it stay on your face for 10 to 15 minutes then wash it with water followed by a light face wash. Pat dry and moisturize your skin.
2. Fight Wrinkles
The ability of ACV to maintain the PH balance in the body reduces or slows down the aging process. The antioxidants present in vinegar can help to prevent the premature aging process. It works as a skin toner and keeps your skin hydrated.
- Use Diluted apple cider vinegar to rinse your face to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Dip a cotton ball and use it to cleanse your face. Then wash your face with warm water.
- Or, drinking diluted ACV will also help fight wrinkles.
3. Reduce Swelling
Apple cider vinegar help in reducing swelling or inflammation on hands, arms, and legs. It also cures Edema. The alkaline properties of ACV reduce inflammation by controlling the acid level of blood from becoming acidic.
- Rinse your affected body part with an equal part of ACV and water or have an ACV water bath.
- Alternatively, including ACV in the diet will also help reduce swelling or edema.
4. Benefits in Yeast Infection
- Use a cotton cloth dipped in diluted apple cider vinegar mixture to clean the urinary organ skin. This will also reduce inflammation, itching, and fungal infection.
- Consuming 1-2 teaspoons of diluted ACV per day can also give notable results.
5. Apple cider vinegar benefits for Nail health
- Take 2 teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar with water to strengthen nails and get beautiful and healthy nails.
- Also, dip your nails in a bowl filled with an equal proportion of ACV and water mixture for 10-20 minutes.
Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits For Hair
Fights Major Hair Problems
Apple cider vinegar balances the pH of your scalp. It thickens your hair and also removes dead skin cells from your head that hinders natural hair growth. The acetic content of ACV removes the hair styling products from your hair. ACV also fights an itchy scalp and cures dandruff. It makes your hair beautiful, strong, and long. Apple cider vinegar is also used as a conditioner.
- Rinse your hair with ACV first, followed by your shampoo and a light conditioner for shiny, beautiful, thick hair locks.
Apple Cider Vinegar precautions and side-effects
Although ACV is natural but its nature is acidic. Anything in excess is harmful is true for Apple cider vinegar also. Taking the recommended amount or limited use of ACV is safe. However, the excessive intake of ACV can be harmful to health. It’s recommended to use it after taking a bit of advice from a doctor.
- Excess intake of ACV causes problems like the esophagus, tooth enamel, and stomach disorders.
- Its direct use on skin without dilution can cause itching, skin burn, and rashes.
- Its excess intake can lower the potassium level in the body.
- Apple cider vinegar can increase the sensitivity of the teeth.
- Apple cider can make your bone weak resulting in bones with reduced mineral density.
- Always drink apple cider vinegar with water otherwise it can burn your food and throat.
- It’s advised not to use ACV in pregnancy and breastfeeding without consulting a doctor.
- Its use is not recommended in prolong illness or undergoing treatment without an expert’s guidance.